Sunday, August 2, 2009

Is there a way to land a job in Web Design without a college degree?

Hi my name is Rob and my career is web design, I have a HS diploma and I've been in college for 5 years now, what would be some advice to land a job as a Web Designer, I have a portfolio but is there a way I can post it on the web? It's over 5MB so geocities won't work for me

Is there a way to land a job in Web Design without a college degree?
I think a good portfolio of work is far more valuable than a college degree in the web design industry. I have a Computer Science degree and work in web development/programming, and most of my web designer co-wokers have little or no formal web design education. Experience, in this case, is much more valuable than education.





There are many places that offer free webhosting, and will give you far more than 5Mb of space. This site has a long list of available hosting companies: http://www.free-webhosts.com/

pollen

No comments:

Post a Comment