Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have a MBA in Business Administration, I want to change to Graphic/Web Design. How do I start?

How do I start this career change? Can I go to school online? and What are the best schools? Would I be able to get a Master in Design? Can I get this new degree in a years time?

I have a MBA in Business Administration, I want to change to Graphic/Web Design. How do I start?
You want to switch from Management to Graphic Design? Do you have any background in Graphics? Have you ever taken an art course? Unless your Bachelors is in an art major, you will most likely have to start all over again. To get a Masters Degree in Fine Arts, the school is going to want to see an amazing portfolio, which you probably don't have. Look up the requirements of a few art schools. I know to get into the photo program at FIT, I had to have an amazing portfolio, and that was just for an Associates Degree. I got in along with 49 other people, but there were over 1500 other people who applied that year.


No comments:

Post a Comment