Friday, July 31, 2009

I want to start a home based web design business but I am renting a home can I do this?

What are the tax implications for myself and the homeowner?

I want to start a home based web design business but I am renting a home can I do this?
You most certainly can start a business. You will pay taxes as a self employed individual, which means no taxes will be taken out on a W2 form. But you will pay on what your business earns. Weather you rent or not, has no bearing on your tax situation, except for the fact that you cannot write off the houses expenses such as electric, phone, utilities, etc. because you are not paying them.





Other than that you should feel free to start a home based business... and best of luck to you!!!





As far as I know there are no tax implications for the home owner.
Reply:according to h %26amp; r Block, to claim your home business and get credits on your taxes, etc, your home office must be in a room all it's own and that room must not be used for anything else. There should be no tax implications for your landlord. You should be able to do just fine. If you have any questions, you can always go to the irs web site and search through their many documents for your answers. Another thing, if you plan to have an accountant and attorney (on an as needed basis), you can always ask them. Hope I made sense, lol.

graphics cards

No comments:

Post a Comment