Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm about to start a web design business. What do I need in the legal aspect of things?

I'm the only person in the business. Do I need to register with the State? About tax? Do I need to pay tax?

I'm about to start a web design business. What do I need in the legal aspect of things?
Associations may be a good avenue to explore. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have as well as many you haven't anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.





Research, research, research – this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can about the industry. Here are some book titles that are relevant:





* How to Start a Home-Based Web Design Business, 2nd by Jim Smith


* The Real Business of Web Design Paperback by John Waters


* Professional Web Design: Techniques and Templates by Clint Eccher, Eric Hunley, Erik Simmons





There are plenty of free informational resources out there. Check the source box for links to articles.





Hope that helps! I wish you much success %26amp; happiness in all your ventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment