Friday, May 21, 2010

What should I put on my Web Design Business Website?

I have recently purchased a domain name for my Web Design Business. Except the problem is, I have no idea what to put on it. until now I've created websites for friends and colleagues for free, and now I want to start charging. Any Ideas or Inspirations?

What should I put on my Web Design Business Website?
codeislogic is right: make it look good! Also, when the site is code-compliant, you should put on the links that prove it is compliant.





You could also put on there sample design packages or templates that you would sell for a little less money. In my case, I've had people change designs and I use their old designs as my templates for sale.





You might also want to have a page about your experience and design process, and another page talking about your policies and contract.





And yes- write up a design contract!





Good luck!
Reply:Well here is your chance to shine! Make a very cool looking website that is standards compliant. This should be easy because you don't have alot of content to get in the way of design. I'd have a "portfolio" section with screenshots / links to websites you've made for friends. Then if people like your work, give them a place to contact you for a quote to do work with them.

pollen

No comments:

Post a Comment