Friday, May 21, 2010

Where can I find a decent template for a Web Design Contract? OR What kinds of things should be included in 1?

I want a contract for a webdesign business that I'm starting up. I'm not sure what I should include in it or anything. Do you know where I can find some examples?

Where can I find a decent template for a Web Design Contract? OR What kinds of things should be included in 1?
Most web design/consultant agreements are very general in nature and will specify the nature and cost of a particular service, i.e., how much will be charged for a particular set of webpages and will set up various milestones when the project will be completed. Nevertheless, when there arises a conflict, you may want to resolve any issues via arbitration rather than to seek resolution in a court of law. That's kind of arbitration clause would name the AAA in your State as the forum of choice.





As for Disclaimers, there are any number such as "merchantability," or "marketability" issues related to what your responsibility would entail at the time you design, and publish a website's webpages. And you should make it very clear that you are not responsible for marketing or promoting a website simply because you were the first one to have a hand in its set up. Make sure to remove any doubt in the minds of your clients that your web design services will in any way, directly or indirectly, advance, promote the profitability of the website, especially in regards to search engine visibility. I have seen many cases where this issue of marketability, branding and the like has risen to a point of conflict that web designers have been innocently been accused of failing to properly metatag webpages for maximum search engine visibility. Again, SEO is not your responsibility and your disclaimer of such a fact, should be included in any web designer agreement.





Good luck!
Reply:I am using website-in-a-box and am finding it very confusing and encumbering. Supposedly you can do it in a few hours..so far, it has taken me 60 and I am still not done!

rose garden

No comments:

Post a Comment