Friday, May 21, 2010

What's your favorite book on web design with Dreamweaver?

I'm a new user of Dreamweaver for Windows and am making a career transition to web design. I'm searching for something that can help me begin to understand the fundamentals using Dreamweaver as my platform.

What's your favorite book on web design with Dreamweaver?
For Dreamweaver 8 (should be available for CS3 as well) ... there is a great book that would walk you through all the basics as well as the more advanced features (databases, XML ... etc). It's called: "The missing Manual" (O'Reilly). To get up to speed you can get a copy of Dreamweaver 8 Hands On Training (Daniel Short, Garo Green) ... It has lots of great tips and tricks, there is a CD with all the exercises and it covers a lot of the Dreamweaver's functionality. In case you are using Fireworks, I suggest to get the Fireworks 8 Training from the Source (Patti Schulze) ... Using Fireworks with Dreamweaver will give you a big advantage, but you need to get used to it and this book helps a lot. And before you get your books, check out the free instructional videos! (I'm sending you in the link)


No comments:

Post a Comment